Saturday, December 29, 2012

TI 84 Plus C Silver Edition's UI & more

Hey guys,

I decided to talk to you guys about the UI and other important components of the new TI 84 Plus C SE calculator because I think it is important for you guys to understand what is truly happening in this calculator. First, the UI.  I understand that I'm talking about a calculator, but this calculator's UI has never changed for the past 10-20 years.  I mean, simplicity is nice, but sometimes you want the ability to change the font, the graph's color and thickness, and so on.  Sometimes, I wish I had the ability to automatically change some features without completely making a new program to do so. For example, calculators have looked the same for a long time, but the Casio Prizm fx-CG20 looks so great when it comes to its UI that it really makes you think about the true power of calculators. Next, we have the processor.  The processor is a z80 at 15 MHz.  Now, since we are talking about calculators, this is decent, but I wish it could be a z8000 processor in order to handle some amazing programs and applications.  Lastly, the overall design.  I personally love the design of this calculator, but I continue to think about how we live in an age where everything must get thinner. Maybe Texas Instruments should make this calculator as thin as the TI Nspire CX CAS.  Overall, I am ecstatic about this calculator, but maybe there could be more revisions before selling it to the public.  Thank you guys for reading and I will see you next time.

Thanks,

Programmer84

No comments:

Post a Comment